Engaging Together: Developing Career Readiness
Timothy Harding, Associate Dean of Career Development and Engagement; University of Tampa
Tim is trained in career planning and development and in student engagement. He serves on the Student Affairs Strategic Planning and Assessment Team and leads the Spartan Ready career readiness university-wide initiative.
- 1985 Anderson University, B.A. in Religion
- 1995 Indiana University, M.S. in Education/College Student Personnel Administration
- 2008 Stetson University College of Law, Certificate in Student Affairs Policy and Law
Date and Time:
Wednesday, March 28, 2018 (2:00 EST)
Webinars / Recordings are a member only benefit, you must be logged in as a member to register for webinars and view recordings.
WEBINAR REGISTRATION / RECORDINGS
Not a current member? Join or renew membership
What competencies do students need to be ready to "launch" from our campuses? How do we ensure that our students are equipped for what comes next? Whose work is it to prepare students for a career? Tim Harding, Associate Dean of Career Development and Engagement at the University of Tampa, has spent 25 years working to answer these questions.
In our March 28th webinar, Tim will share UT's journey to intentionally develop and measure the National Association of College and Employers (NACE) career competencies through UT's Spartan Ready program. Spartan Ready utilizes an integrated approach that engages both curricular and co-curricular programs to ensure students develop the skills that they need to transition successfully to their career.
Learning Outcomes | Participants will:
- Learn what career readiness is and how NACE developed their career competencies (broad, brief overview)
- Gain an understanding of each of the NACE competencies.
- Learn keys to gaining institutional support for integrated career readiness programs.
- Hear about and learn from Tim's experience with developing the Spartan Ready program.
- Gain tips for developing competencies and programs on their campus.