2018 Executive Committee Member Elected
New Executive Committee Team Member
Members voted to elect a new Administrative Chair, Jonathan Yorkowitz, effective June 7, 2018.
The Administrative Chair has two main responsibilities:
The Administrative Chair serves a three-year renewable term as a voting member of the ACSD Executive Committee.
Associate Dean of Students, University of Indianapolis, Indianapolis, IN
- Ph.D. Educational Administration, Higher Education Leadership, Indiana State University, Terre Haute, Indiana (Anticipated 2022)
- Master of Arts in Human Services, Executive Leadership, Liberty University, Lynchburg, Virginia
- Additional Graduate Study in Intercultural Studies, Biola University, La Mirada, California
- Bachelor of Arts in Broadcasting, Union University, Jackson, Tennessee
ACSD Involvement, Positions and Presentations:
- Years of Membership: 14 Years
- National Conference Attendance: 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- New Professionals Collaborative Case Study Competition Chair (2010 – 2012)
- New Professionals Collaborative, Point Leader (2012 – 2017)
- Professional Development Team (2014 – 2017)
- Social Media Leadership Team (2017 – Present)
- “Think Life Change: Using Core Values to Progress from Philosophy to Practice”
Presenter, ACSD Conference, Gordon College, June 2016
- “New Professionals Case Study Competition”
Presenter/Facilitator, ACSD Conferences, Evangel University & Taylor University, 2010 – 2012
- “Peacemaker or Peacebreaker: Reconciling Differences”
Presenter, Christian College Leadership Conference, Azusa Pacific University, April 2012
- “Single with 317 Kids: Best-Practices for the Unmarried RD”
Presenter, ACSD Conference, Evangel University, June 2011
- “Walking the Line: Understanding Diversity in a Higher Education Setting”
Presenter, Christian College Leadership Conference, Azusa Pacific University, April 2011
- “The Road Ahead for a First-Year Hall Director”
ACSD Conference, Cedarville University, June 2008
- Other involvement:
- 2017 Bamford Award Recipient
- 2018 ACSD at NASPA Host
Goals for the Position:
- Cultivate, Formalize, and Implement a five-year plan for the ACSD Collaboratives, including member engagement and structures that will empower member involvement and contribution.
- Develop and implement assessment tools to identify areas to be addressed regarding the continued development of the Collaboratives model.
- Utilize innovative methods to facilitate communication to members about the work being done by the executive team throughout the year and during the annual business meetings.
- Provide support and development opportunities for the members of the Collaboratives Leadership Team.
Vision for ACSD:
My vision for ACSD is three-fold and centers around cultivating professional networks, providing opportunities for members to engage in leadership and scholarship, and curating resources to equip our membership for the dynamic world of Higher Education Student Development. As an organization we will facilitate connections between our members and others in our field, not only through what is offered at our annual conference, but through intentional collaboration throughout each year. Next, we will provide opportunities for members to take leadership roles, share their scholarly work, and become engaged in mentoring the next generation of professionals. Lastly, we will also provide platforms for sharing of meaningful materials, news regarding current and future trends in higher education, and brave spaces where we have hard conversations about the future of our field. Through each of these areas, my hope is to encourage a diverse organization that provides space for Christians in Student Development to find a welcoming and empowering experience outside of their own institutions.