Mid-Level Professionals Retreat 2019
MPR Retreat timeline:
The Mid-Level Professionals Retreat is offered prior to the ACSD annual conference every other year. The next MPR will be available at Wheaton College in June 2019. Please encourage colleagues who have been in the field for more than 5 years and who supervise other professional staff to consider this uniquely meaningful professional development experience.
MPR PURPOSE STATEMENT:
To provide resources and share professional best practice for Christian student development personnel who have been in the field for more than five years who are organizationally considered mid-level and who typically oversee professional staff. We accomplish this by providing a weekend retreat prior to the annual ACSD conference so that mid-level professionals can have a low-cost and deeply personalized professional development opportunity.
past mpr topics:
- Managing from the middle: supervising & being supervised
- Realities facing Student Development, Higher Education, and our students
- Legal issues in Student Affairs
- Best practices for staff management
- Successful collaboration with Faculty, Administration, Athletics, etc.
- Your calling and the future ahead (advanced training, career opportunities in and out of higher education and other adventures)
gain professional insights from presenters such as:
- University Presidents
- University Chief of Staffs
- University Provosts
- Student Affairs Vice Presidents
- ACSD Executive Committee Members
The next MPR IS SCHEDULED for Fri, may 31 - Sun, June 2, 2019
Detailed schedule to come
2019 MPR facilitator:
Chief of Staff @ Spring Arbor University
questions about mpr?