Director of Residence Life
At Biola University
Salary Range: $4,122. to $5,250. per month
Hours: Full Time
Supervision Over Others: 10 Resident Directors, 1 Graduate Resident Assistant, Area Coordinator
MA in Student Development or related field preferred. Three years as a professional in Residence Life, preferably some experience at a level higher than a Resident Director.
The Director of Residence Life is primarily responsible, working in conjunction with the Associate Dean of Residence Life and Student Care, for the oversight of all programmatic elements and personnel management for university on-campus residence halls and apartments designated for undergraduate student housing.
He/She gives particular attention to student assessment, on-going program administration and evaluation, and research and development for new programs, to overseeing the Graduate Resident Assistant program, and assuring that Residence Life at Biola University provides a challenging and supportive community life and a dynamic, living-learning environment while meeting the established philosophical and developmental objectives of the university.
• Active participation in Residence Life Leadership Team along with the Associate Dean of Residence Life in order to provide philosophical and administrative leadership for the entire department of Residence Life.
• Provide orientation, training, supervision and professional development for the Resident Director team, in particular, and the Residence Life staff as a whole.
• Develop and implement a plan for the assessment of student needs throughout the academic year and direct all Residence Life personnel in appropriately responding to assessment outcomes.
• Oversee and administrate all assessment and evaluation processes for Residence Life programming related to residents, Resident Assistants and Resident Coordinator and direct research and development processes for new programs based on assessment and evaluation outcomes.
• Serve in the On-Call Student Care rotation and respond to individual student crises and campus-wide emergencies/major disasters as needed.
• Provide supervision, direction, teaching, and personal/professional development for a Resident Director student care cohort.
• Oversee the development and maintenance of the RA Handbook.
• Develop and oversee the Residence Life Graduate Assistant program.
• Partner with Area Coordinator to develop Resident Coordinator Program
• Collaborate with campus partners including but not limited to Student Care, Auxiliary Services, SEID, Global Student Development, Facilities and Campus Safety.
• Attend regular staff/committee meetings and programs as directed by the Associate Dean of Residence Life.
• Serve as a resource to University faculty, staff and students on the needs and concerns of resident students.
• Holds personal theological beliefs that are in agreement with the Biola Doctrinal Statement. Maintain a lifestyle in consonance with sound Christian principles and those promulgated by the institution.
• Perform related duties as assigned by the Associate Dean of Residence Life and Student Care.