At Howard Payne University
Hours: Full Time
The Counselor is responsible for leading the counseling services office in a positive Christian manner. The Counselor provides professional counseling services to currently enrolled Howard Payne University students experiencing a variety of difficulties including but not limited to personal awareness, stress, anxiety, relationships, spirituality, grief, anger, substance abuse, physical and/or sexual abuse, depression, trauma, and crisis. The Counselor makes appropriate referrals for services and performs outreach functions. This is a full time position. The Counselor reports to the Vice President for Student Life and Dean of Students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Leads the counseling services office based on proven Christian integrity and ethics consistent with the University Mission Statement and Core Values.
2. Provides individual, group, and crisis counseling for students within the scope and parameters of (a) licensure, (b) applicable laws and regulations, and (c) university policies and procedures.
3. Provides outreach workshops, group discussions, presentations, etc.
4. Exhibits knowledge of and adherence to existing professional ethical standards and confidentiality requirements.
5. Maintains current files on clients.
6. Consults with faculty and staff concerning student needs.
7. Collects demographic data to maintain statistics on counseling services usage.
8. Acts as a campus resource regarding mental health.
9. Acts as a liaison between client and community resources as needed.
10. Participates in Student Life activities including staff training, workshops, meetings, etc.
1. Master's degree in Counseling or Clinical Psychology or a related field of study required. Completion of degree and all post-degree supervision for licensure required. Prefer at least two years of post-degree experience.
2. Licenses - Must be currently licensed in Texas as an LPC or currently licensed as an LPC in the state in which currently employed and licensed in Texas as an LPC within 12 months of the start of employment.
Howard Payne University, a church-related institution affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas, seeks to employ evangelical Christians who are dedicated to teaching and service as they model the principles of the Christian faith and the University’s sincere religious beliefs.
Howard Payne University (hereafter, University) is committed to the integration of learning and Christian faith in the pursuit of truth. Employees are expected to embrace the Christian mission and purpose of Howard Payne University and must support the University’s affirmation of traditional Christian and Baptist beliefs by leading lives of service through active involvement in Christian activities both on campus and through a local church.
For additional information and application details, please visit http://www.hputx.edu/campus-offices/human-resources/staff-positions/