Resident Director for South Townhouses (Male or Female)
At Indiana Wesleyan University
Hours: Full Time, 10 month
The South Townhouses are home to approximately 150 female and 50 male students and are served by a co-ed student staff of 8.
The Resident Director (RD) serves as an integral member of the Residential Learning team and the Life Calling & Integrative Learning division of Indiana Wesleyan University. The RD implements the Residential Learning mission and academic plan through the oversight of an on-campus living and learning environment for residential students. The Resident Director position at Indiana Wesleyan University is a full-time, 10 month, live-in professional position that reports directly to an Area Coordinator and the Dean of Residential Learning.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Foster a positive residential community by being involved and visible in the residence hall/area and investing in the lives of the resident students
• Student Responsibilities: Respond to the individual needs of students within the residence hall/area, collaborating with Center for Student Success, Student Engagement, CARE team, and Academic Concerns Team (ACT). Proactively interact with students to help in their success at IWU.
• Co-Curricular / Educational Expectations: Ensure that the residence hall/area mission and vision align with Indiana Wesleyan’s overall academic plan and the Residential Learning mission; develop a residence hall/area program plan that fulfills Residential Learning outcomes and the Residence Hall Area Learning Outcomes; work collaboratively with university faculty and staff in the implementation of program plans
• Responsibility to Student Staff: Supervise a co-ed staff consisting of the Assistant Resident Director (ARD), Resident Assistants (RAs), and a Community Coordinator (CC). Participate in selection, training and evaluation of primary student staff; conduct a weekly business meeting; hold student staff accountable to their job descriptions and responsibilities.
• Administrative Responsibilities: Manage hall budgets; maintain housing records; input student conduct records and student engagement activities into appropriate university systems, conduct area meetings, update resident files; complete and submit end of year reports
• Facility Management: Regularly evaluate facility safety, condition, and cleanliness; submit work orders for building repairs and upgrades; oversee the assessment and payment of damages; oversee scheduling of hall/area facilities
According to Indiana Wesleyan University employment policy all employees must possess a strong Christian commitment and adhere to the standards outlined in the IWU Community Lifestyle Statement. All candidates must be able to pass a comprehensive background check.
• A personal faith commitment to Jesus Christ and a desire to serve him through leadership and service to others
• Bachelor’s required. Master’s degree (completed or in-progress) in Student Affairs or related field and leadership experience in a residential community are preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
We WILL be at ACSD 2017!