Resident Director (Female)
At Indiana Wesleyan University
Hours: Full Time; 10-month
The Resident Director (RD) serves as an integral member of the Residential Learning team and the Life Calling & Integrative Learning division of Indiana Wesleyan University. The RD implements the Residential Learning mission and academic plan through the oversight of an on-campus living and learning environment for residential students. The Resident Director position at Indiana Wesleyan University is a full-time, 10 month, live-in professional position that reports directly to an Assistant Director and the Dean of Residential Learning.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Model spiritual maturity and integrity through an active relationship with Jesus Christ
• Foster a positive residential community by being involved and visible in the residence hall/area and investing in the lives of the resident students
• Student Care Expectations: Respond to the individual needs of students within the residence hall/area, collaborating with Center for Student Success, Student Engagement, CARE team, and Academic Concerns Team (ACT). Proactively interact with students to aid in their success at IWU
• Co-Curricular / Educational Expectations: Ensure that the residence hall/area mission and vision align with Indiana Wesleyan’s overall academic plan and the Residential Learning mission; develop a residence hall/area program plan that fulfills Residential Learning outcomes and the Residence Hall Area Learning Outcomes; work collaboratively with university faculty and staff in the implementation of program plans
• Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervise an Assistant Resident Director (ARD) and Resident Assistants (RAs). Participate in selection, training, mentoring, and evaluation of primary student staff; conduct a weekly business meeting; hold student staff accountable to their job descriptions and responsibilities
• Administrative Responsibilities: Manage hall budgets; maintain housing records; input student conduct records and student engagement activities into appropriate university system; conduct area meetings; complete and submit end of year reports
• Professional Expectations: Operate a professional office; meet on a regular basis with supervisor and other members of the Residential Learning team; attend regular business meetings; actively participate in RD retreats, training, and planning activities; actively serve on one of several Residential Learning committees; submit weekly reports and other assigned materials
• Facility Management: Regularly evaluate facility safety, condition, and cleanliness; submit work orders for building repairs and upgrades; oversee the assessment and payment of damages; oversee scheduling of hall/area facilities
• Fulfill other duties as assigned by supervisor.
All employees of Indiana Wesleyan University must possess a strong Christian commitment and adhere to the standards outlined in the IWU Community Lifestyle Statement.
• Bachelor’s degree required. Priority consideration for candidates with a completed Master’s degree in Student Affairs or related field.
• Prior leadership in a residential community preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.
• Demonstrated ability to mentor and disciple students.
• Ability to work both independently and as a willing and effective member of a larger team.
• Strong administrative abilities.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
To APPLY visit the url link above.