Associate Dean of Students (starting Fall 2019)
At LCC International University
A liberal arts North American style Christian university located in Lithuania is seeking a new leader for the division of Community Life who is passionate about doing student affairs internationally. The Associate Dean of Students gives oversight to and develops the area of community life in order to meet the developmental needs of students and ensure their well-being. We seek an individual with experience in residence life and managing student conduct issues. Other qualities desired include a passion for student flourishing, an ability to relate well both individually and in groups of students, a creative team player, and a strategist who can see both big picture and details. We offer a unique international learning/working environment and opportunities to expand your intercultural and leadership skills.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Associate Dean of Students gives oversight to and develops the area of community life in order to meet the developmental needs of students and ensure their well-being; responsible for judicial affairs, student resources and advocacy, and campus safety. Serves as a member of the Student Life Management Team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide leadership and oversight for Community Life Department, setting its vision, tone, and goals.
2. Provide support, supervision, evaluation and training of Resident Directors, Intercultural Education Coordinator, and Student Counselor.
3. Manages student conduct through implementation of a restorative justice model.
4. Take initiative in the development of policy and programming through participation with the Student Life Management team.
5. Facilitate relevant educational/event programming in conjunction with Student Life staff to enrich student growth and development.
6. Represent students on the Committee on Academic Standing (CAS), Chair the Committee on Discipline (COD) and be a member of the Crisis Management Team (CMT)
7. Recruit, in conjunction with the Vice President of Student Life, professional staff.
8. Handle emergency and crisis situations that pertain to students and campus life.
9. Provide leadership to the Residence Life component of Summer Language Institute (SLI) in July.
• Residence Life & Student Housing - oversight of program and staff in order to provide a quality living-learning experience for students who live in LCC’s university housing
• Office of Intercultural Programs - oversight of program and staff in order to provide quality and comprehensive intercultural educational programming at LCC and within the Klaipeda community.
• Student Counselor – oversight of student care and early intervention in crisis situations
Reports to: Vice President of Student Life
Supervises: Resident Directors, Intercultural Education Coordinator, Student Counselor
Links with: Student Life Staff, Registrar, SFS Director, IT Director, Facilities Manager, Student Success Center Director
Qualifications: Master's degree in Student Personnel, Counseling, Ministry, or Higher Education and Student Development is required.
Experience: Previous work in Student Development is required. Direct experience in Residence Life and/or with international student populations desired.
Skills: Excellent administrative skills; strong supervisory, individual and group interpersonal skills; ability to initiate relationships and develop rapport with undergraduate students; understanding of developmental concerns of university populations; ability to encourage personal/spiritual growth in others and implement programs.
Personal: Passion for student flourishing, ability to relate well both individually and in groups of students, creative team player, a strategist who can see both big picture and details. People-oriented, creative, sincere, and depth of Christian commitment. Firm commitment to LCC's mission, community standards and statement of faith.