Associate Director for Student Engagement - Office of Institutional Equity & Inclusion
At Liberty University
Hours: M-F: 8 Am - 5 PM; Evenings & Weekends required
The Associate Director for Student Engagement is responsible for the strategic leadership and day-to-day operations that includes coordination of campus programs and services related to equity and inclusion. S/he acts as liaison among all academic and administrative units to develop and apply latest knowledge and research in multicultural programming. S/he also works with affinity groups providing leadership training, counsel and guides in event management. In addition, this position provides event management support to the Office of Disability Accommodations Support and Office of Equity & Compliance/Title IX. This position supervises a Graduate Student Assistant (1), Undergraduate student employees (2), Volunteers (30+) and reports to the Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Equity & Inclusion.
Essential Functions - Duties & Responsibilities
• Completes administrative duties related to human resources, budget management and assessment (15%)
• Participates in divisional, state, regional, and national professional training opportunities (10%)
• Leads collaborative strategic planning efforts that support the university’s vision, mission and strategic (25%)
• Develops a diverse group of student leaders by creating cultural, social, educational, and leadership opportunities enhancing the overall learning and development of the student (25%)
• Supports university-wide initiatives, serving as liaison at a multitude of events (25%)
• Master’s Degree in in Higher Education Administration, Leadership, or Student Personnel or related field.
• 3-5 years of progressive experience in Student Activities, Student Affairs, Leadership, and/or Orientation, in higher education.
• Knowledge and application of student development and learning theory in the advancement of policies and procedures supporting student success.
• Record of strategic administrative leadership and experience managing and supervising professional and support staff.
• Demonstrated use of data in strategic budgetary decisions.
• Leadership in complex event management.
• Experience working with multicultural matters and diverse populations.