Female Residence Supervisor
At Moody Bible Institute
Hours: Full Time, 12 month position
Location: Chicago, IL
Department: Residence Life
Reports to: Associate Dean of Residence Life
Supervisory Responsibility: This is a Supervisory Position
Full-time or Part-time: Full-time
HR Use Only:
FLSA Status: [‘Exempt’ or ‘Non-exempt’]
The Residence Supervisor (RS) supports Moody Student Development in “helping students mature in Christ” by providing spiritual, relational, and administrative leadership to Moody’s Chicago campus residence halls. This full-time, twelve-month, live-in position services the emotional, relational, spiritual, and physical needs of one of the Institute’s residence hall communities through mentoring student leaders, providing authentic student care and discipline, constructively engaging campus culture, and collaborating with other departments. Because of the high degree of student contact and the great potential of influencing campus culture, the RS position is vital to furthering the mission of Moody Bible Institute, Student Development, and Residence Life.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
• Select, supervise, train, and mentor 10-11 Resident Assistants.
• Plan and lead weekly small group meetings with Resident Assistants.
• Develop and implement a vision for small group and residence hall community that fosters a healthy and safe living/learning environment and also encourages student faith development, holistic maturity in Christ, and community responsibility.
• Advise students and staff who have spiritual, emotional, or relational concerns, making referrals to other campus resources as appropriate.
• Assist the Associate Dean of Residence Life and the Dean of Students in establishing, communicating, and enforcing the Student Life Guide.
• Partner with Public Safety, Health Services, the Counseling Center, the Associate Dean of Residence Life, and the Dean of Students in addressing student health, emotional, and safety issues and in responding to student emergencies.
• Provide oversight to the student check-in and check-out process.
• Support the Assistant Dean of Housing in the housing assignment process.
• Maintain a visible presence and serve as the primary contact to students and staff in the residence halls.
• Initiate and develop relationships with students and provide support to them in forming healthy, life-giving relationships with others.
• Manage facility maintenance requests by serving as a liaison and student advocate to Facility Services.
• Serve in an “on-call” capacity for student needs and concerns one week-night a week, three to four weekends during the semester, during breaks (Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Spring Break), and three weeks coverage during the summer.
• Provide leadership for adjunct responsibilities within the residence life program.
• Participate in the leadership of New Student Orientation during the fall and spring semester.
• Partner with Residence Life staff in overseeing the summer residence hall program.
• Attend Residence Life and Student Development Staff meetings and In-Services.
• Complete assigned administrative responsibilities in a timely manner.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Associate Dean of Residence Life.
It is required of the person employed in this position to live in campus housing on Moody’s Chicago location. This position operates within a standard office and residence hall environment in the context of higher education. Computer competencies are necessary, within an aptitude for learning new programs and systems. Occasional weekend and evening hours are possible as the academic calendar or programs require. There is some travel expected, mainly for team-building purposes.
• Bachelor’s Degree is required.
• Evidence of exemplary Christian character and commitment.
• Must understand and support the mission of Moody Bible Institute, Student Development, and the Student Life Guide.
• Evidence a heart of service and ministry to college students.
• Exhibit a hospitable and welcoming relational demeanor to students and a collaborative spirit with colleagues.
• Possess an understanding of and appreciation for multicultural sensitivity.
• Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Evidence strong interpersonal skills and exhibit a collaborative spirit.
• Display strong leadership, management skills.
• Demonstrate a proficiency in Excel spreadsheets, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook, and Publisher.
• Master’s Degree in counseling, ministry, communication, or student personnel is preferred.
• Previous Residence Life experience is preferred.