Student Engagement Coordinator
At Ohio Christian University
Salary Range: $25,000 - $32,000
Hours: Full Time
Under the leadership of the Director of Student Engagement, the Student Engagement Coordinator will oversee the Student Involvement Council (S.I.C.), the Student Center space including the Hub and Commuter Lounge, and Intramural Programs initiatives as their primary responsibilities.
The Coordinator will serve a diverse student population of both residential and commuter students by creating a vibrant campus community through weekly, night, and weekend programming.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
STUDENT ACTIVITIES RESPONSIBILITIES
• Plan and coordinate events for traditional students throughout the academic year.
• Coordinate the attendant schedule for the Hub and Student Center lounge.
• Hire and supervise student employees to serve on leadership teams.
• Develop leadership skills and abilities of student leaders.
• Coordinate student volunteer recruitment to serve on student leader teams.
• Create and implement creative and effective marketing for events and programs.
• Schedule and plan Alpha Week activities.
• Plan and lead outdoor excursions.
• Promote the “Take it Outside!” initiative on campus.
• Coordinate intramural leagues throughout the academic year.
• Recruit and train intramural referees.
• Implement a digital system for intramural sign-ups and leagues, such as IMLeagues.
• Liaison with Athletics Event & Facilities Coordinator as needed for facility use.
• Benchmark and implement best practices in intramural programming.
• Build relationships with students and provide support and guidance.
• Serve as a student organization advisor as needed.
• Manage allocated programming budget.
• Collaborate with other student development staff members to plan and implement major campus programming events and to serve student needs through a wide variety of initiatives.
• Research and benchmark best practices and field standards in student activities, intramurals, outdoor recreation, clubs & student programs, and first-year experience programs.
• Maintain regular Student Development office hours for the benefit of student’s walk-in needs.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND SCHOLARSHIP
• One article of scholarship must be produced each academic year (Conference workshop submission, journal article submission, etc.).
• Must attend the ACSD (or other) annual conference unless given exemption by the AVP.
• Must be a member of a Student Affairs/Development organization.