Coordinator for Student Engagement
At Ohio Christian UNiversity
Hours: 30 hours per week
Under the direction of the Director of Student Engagement, the Coordinator for Student Engagement will assist in coordinating a team of student leaders in the planning and execution of campus-wide activities and events. This position requires candidates to make a two-year commitment to the position and enroll in an Ohio Christian University graduate program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversee the Hub and Hickman Student Center lounge areas.
• Coordinate the program planning of the Student Involvement Council (SIC) Activities & Intramurals Teams.
• Plan and execute campus-wide programs that seek to engage and include all students.
• Assist in executing campus traditions as directed, including: Alpha Week, Fall Fest, Clock Tower Rally & Torch Run, and Deck the Halls Jamboree.
• Assist in executing spring traditions as directed, including: Winter Welcome Week and Mr. & Miss.
• Create and implement creative and effective marketing for events and programs.
• Collaborate with other student development staff members to plan and implement major campus programming events and to serve student needs through a wide variety of initiatives.
• Research and benchmark best practices and field standards in student development as it pertains to directed areas of work.
• Maintain regular Student Development office hours for the benefit of student’s walk-in needs.
• Enroll in an Ohio Christian University graduate program and maintain the minimum GPA that ensures good academic standing.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
According to Ohio Christian University employment policy, all employees must possess a strong Christian commitment and adhere to the standards outlined in the OCU Community Lifestyle Statement.
Education, Training, and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• 1-2 years’ experience in an undergraduate student leadership role.
Skill and Ability to:
• Strong organizational skills.
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
• Ability to be flexible when issues arise.
• Ability to connect with college-aged students.
• Ability to think critically and respond to situations in a calm manner.
• Ability to think innovatively, bringing new and fresh ideas to the team.
This position will receive the following remuneration:
• $12,000.00/year stipend.
• On-campus meal plan.
• 100% Tuition remission for an Ohio Christian University graduate degree.