Campus Living and Learning Coordinator
At Providence University College and Theological Seminary
Hours: Full Time
The Providence campus is on 100 acres in southern Manitoba, 30 minutes south of Winnipeg (the Province’s capital city) near numerous towns that offer opportunities for involvement in church and youth ministry.
The vision of Providence is to be identified among Canada's foremost Christian universities as a learning community that transforms students into leaders of character, knowledge, and faith, to serve Christ in a changing world. A Christian academic community in the evangelical tradition, Providence teaches people to grow in knowledge and character for leadership and service.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Reporting to the Director of Student Development, the Campus Living and Learning Coordinator works closely with the Student Development team in developing departmental programming that engages the entire campus community and the student leadership program while being the staff liaison for the University College Student Council. Campus Living and Learning programming and student leadership is grounded in the institutional mission of “knowledge and character for leadership and service”, which involves facilitating a Christ-centered environment for the student body, promoting community connections, a healthy lifestyle, and holistic growth and development.
• Developing programming that is missional and community-oriented which seeks to help students achieve student development learning outcomes
• Assisting in planning and implementing welcome week
• Directing all facets of student leadership
• Overseeing the UC Student Council (STUCO)
• Miscellaneous departmental responsibilities
JOB QUALIFICATIONS and REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree required;
• Master’s degree in Student Development or Higher Education preferred;
• Excellent administrative skills;
• Experience in event planning;
• Proficient in MS Office 365;
• The Campus Living and Learning Coordinator required to live on campus;
• Work hours vary given the nature of the position subject to events scheduled, and there are frequent weekend and evening responsibilities;
• Providence is a faith-based institution and all staff are required to agree to a code of conduct. Our Staff Handbook outlines all institutional expectations, responsibilities, and benefits.
• To apply, submit a cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Consideration of applications will commence on May 10, 2019 and continue until June 14, 2019, or until position is filled.
• We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected to proceed in the competition will be contacted.
• Questions regarding this position can be sent by email to email@example.com.