At Rochester University
Hours: Full Time
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
● 1-3 years of experience in recruiting, enrollment advising, sales or marketing
● Bachelor Degree in related field
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Using the resources, student lists, and lead generation processes of the Admissions department, identify prospective undergraduate students and lead them through the admission process.
● Meet or exceed individual student recruitment goals and activity measures.
● Travel to high schools, community colleges, churches, college fairs, and other events in your assigned territory to recruit prospective students and build relationships with guidance counselors and centers of influence.
● Prioritize and complete timely communication with prospective students through the use of a variety of preferred communication tools, including but not limited to email, telephone, social
media, texting, notes/letters, and campus visits.
● Maintain direct knowledge of Rochester University traditional academic programs, policies, and procedures as well as industry practices in higher education. Also be familiar with accelerated
and graduate offerings, in order to recruit for those programs, as needed.
● Promote Rochester University to prospective students and their families.
● Engage with prospective students and other guests at RU sponsored student recruitment events including all Warrior Days.
● Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
● Must be a self-starter, willing to take initiative to explore new opportunities and act on them.
● Excellent verbal, listening and written communication skills including the ability to talk, listen, and effectively communicate over the telephone for extended periods of time.
● Ability to make frequent public presentations to a variety of audiences, including informational/orientation sessions that typically involve intensive interaction and Q&A with
prospective and current students, academic advisors, business community, etc.
● Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint; knowledge of SalesForce HEDA is a plus
● Self-motivated, resourceful and creative
● Ability to portray a professional image
● Ability to interact with all levels of staff, faculty and administration
● Ability to travel extensively, including out of state travel
● Ability to work nights and weekends
● Some lifting may be required
●Supportive of the mission, vision, and core values of the institution as stated in our Value Alignment Statement