Student Development Coordinator
At Simpson University
Hours: Full Time
The Coordinator provides overall administrative assistance and support to chapel and the Dean of Students/Chaplain. Primary responsibilities include administration for the chapel program, coordinating chapel logistics, supporting spiritual formation, and performing general clerical and receptionist duties.
1. Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
2. Prior office experience and expertise required.
3. Proficient in Microsoft Office software (e.g. Word, Excel, Access, Publisher, etc.).
4. Personal initiative, creativity, flexibility, and multi-tasking a necessity.
5. Ability and commitment to maintaining the confidentiality of information, data, and records.
6. Professional demeanor, dress, and presence.
7. Effective communication and organizational skills and a strong willingness to act as part of a team.
1. Demonstrate Simpson University Values in the performance of all duties.
2. Maintain lifestyle in accordance with Simpson University Lifestyle Policy in Staff Handbook.
3. Maintain the confidentiality of information, data, and records. Properly use tact, diplomacy, discretion, and judgment.
4. Demonstrate strong customer service skills in the performance of job duties.
5. Demonstrate good organizational and communication skills in the performance of job duties.
6. Supervises employees in accordance with Simpson University policies and procedures (for supervisory positions).
7. Support the overflow needs of other departments within the respective university area.
8. Perform other duties in accordance with this position as deemed necessary by the immediate supervisor.
1. Coordinate chapel logistics.
2. Supervise the chapel attendance system, including monitoring exemptions.
3. Oversee the annual Student Development area budget preparations.
4. Assist the Dean in managing the Student Development budget (purchase orders, monthly reports, etc.).
5. Assist the Dean in preparing and formatting board reports as needed.
6. Assist and refer students/faculty/staff that come into the Student Development offices with questions regarding any school matter.
7. Attend Directors’ meetings and take minutes when requested.
8. Organize and manage the Student Development office.
9. Assist in planning and arranging Student Development events and activities.
10. Direct and supervise student employee support (when applicable).
11. Provide computer software support to Student Development staff.
12. Maintain working order of all Student Development office equipment.
13. Schedule appointments and maintain calendars for the Dean of Students and maintain the Student Development calendar.
14. Type, file, and perform standard office tasks as requested by the Dean.
15. Answer phone calls in a timely and courteous manner.
16. Order general office supplies.
17. Actively participate in the formation and the implementation of Student Development objectives, goals, and policies.
1. Oversee the updating of the Student Development bulletin boards.
2. Assist in Student Leader training as requested.
3. Serve as a liaison with other areas of the university as needed.