Residence Hall Director (Male or Female)
At Taylor University
Hours: Full Time (10 Month)
Facilitates the development of an environment in the residence hall that maximizes growth and development in the lives of students.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Coordinates a program of educational seminars, spiritual and social activities that serves to educate the whole student.
- Directs all administrative functions within the residence hall. This includes discipline, hall operations, activities, budgets, maintenance, on-duty responsibilities and emergency operations.
- Counsels residents in the area of personal adjustment and conflict, intervenes in crisis situations, and maintains current files of counsel, discipline, and informal advising sessions.
- Assists in the selection, training and supervision of Graduate Assistants, Personnel Assistants, Discipleship Coordinators, Discipleship Assistants, and Hall Council.
- Remains available and visible to students. The residence hall director will serve as a liaison between students and other administrators. This includes working to be acquainted with all students, developing rapport with students, being visible at hall and campus events.
- Submits weekly, semester and annual reports to Director of Residence Life. Communicates as often as necessary to keep Director of Residence Life informed regarding problems, trends and issues within the hall.
- Contributes to the university’s faculty governance by participating in regular faculty meetings and committee assignments. Residence Hall Directors will continue their professional development through participation in conferences, article writing, and professional presentations. As members of the faculty the residence hall director will also participate in the faculty promotion process.
- Participates in the development, growth, and encouragement of Graduate Assistants (GA) working in Residence Life. Involves and trains GA in planning and operation of Residence Hall experience.
- The responsibilities of this position require the person in the position to be reached for basic support services, and thus this position will require a cell phone. Expectation is reflected in salary.
- Remains on call daily, August 1 - May 31, except during vacations when residence halls are closed.
A. Remains on campus to close the residence hall for each vacation period and returns to campus at least 18 hours before the halls officially open after vacation periods.
B. Remains on campus during Homecoming Weekend, Parents' Weekend, National Student Leadership Conference, and the first and last weekend of each semester.
- Accepts additional responsibilities as directed by the Director of Residence Life.
Qualified candidates should hold a Master’s degree in student development, counseling, higher education, or a related field. They will demonstrate a committed Christian faith and have experience mentoring and discipling college age students. Candidates should possess a commitment to relational ministry that includes both challenge and support. Previous Residence Life experience is preferred but not required. Minority candidates are encouraged to apply.