Director of Student Engagement
At Toccoa Falls College
Hours: Full time
The Director of Student Engagement advises Student Government Association, oversees Student Organizations, plans and implements New Student Orientation, facilitates Service and Outreach program, oversees commuters, provides married student programming, and partners with departments across campus to engage students in a variety of campus activities.
Essential Job Functions
• Responsible for freshman and transfer student orientation in both the fall and the spring,
• Serve as the instructor for the first-year seminar, TFC 100.
• Serve as staff advisor to the Student Government Association, providing guidance, leadership, training and advice in regards to campus events and their budget.
• Facilitate Service and Outreach program—planning service fairs and approving ministry opportunities for students.
• Approve campus events led by SGA and other organizations as well as approve campus flyers that are posted around campus.
• Provide programming for commuter students and married students.
• Serve as advocate for commuter students as needed.
• Maintain the online TFC events calendar.
• Engage faculty and other staff members across campus with various student activities.
• Assess practices, initiatives, and activities through formal and informal means.
• Oversee and manage Departmental budget.
• Work with the Vice President of Student Affairs to improve student retention.