Resident Director -- Male or Female
At Toccoa Falls College
Salary Range: $20,000 + housing
Hours: Full Time
The Resident Director (RD) of the Terrace Housing enhances the mission of Toccoa Falls College by developing Christian servant leaders who will impact their world through Scripture, truth, wisdom and service. The RD is responsible for building mutually respective living and learning communities that provide opportunities for student learning, student success, and authentic relationships. The RD plans, organizes, and directs community development, staffing functions, student conduct processes, educational programming, and administrative details for the students and directly supervises one (1) Assistant Resident Director (ARD) and six (6) Resident Assistants (RA’s).
The Terrace Housing is comprised of twelve (12) buildings that each house either male or female upperclassmen students. Approximately 160 students live in the Terrace Housing.
* Spiritually mature Christian and in agreement with the college statement of faith; committed to the vision, mission and values of Toccoa Falls College.
* Possesses a strong desire to work with college students.
* Ability to work in a team based environment that includes faculty, staff and students.
* Comfortable with confrontation, accountability, and discipline.
* Ability to partner with various campus departments that promote student success.
* Effective verbal and written communication.
* Ability to exercise sound judgment and decision making.
* Experience managing a budget and promotes financial responsibility within the workplace.
* Demonstrates strong critical thinking skills to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office and related software.
* Bachelor’s degree.
* Experience serving as an RA or in a related residential community position.
* Master’s degree in Higher Education Administration, Student Affairs, Counseling, or related field.
* Working experience within Student Affairs.
* Experience advising student groups.