Dean of Students
At University of Mary Hardin-Baylor
Hours: Full Time
JOB DUTIES: In cooperation with the Vice President for Student Life, provides leadership that fosters student learning and engagement. Serves as primary judicial officer through a firm but fair, restorative and redemptive discipline process guided by University policies. In collaboration with other Student Life departments, provides for a high-quality campus life experience, student conduct process, and student care. The Dean of Students works cooperatively with every department of the University to meet the needs of the student population.
1. A master's degree from an accredited university in Higher Education Administration, Student Services or a related field is required. A doctoral degree in a field as outlined is strongly preferred.
2. A minimum of five (5) years full time employment experience in a Student Services leadership role in a higher education environment is required, with significant experience in the following:
• Student disciplinary adjudication processes
• Campus residential housing management
Experience in these leadership areas in a Christian higher education environment is strongly preferred.
3. Experience in the review, approval and provision of student disability services is preferred.
4. Experience in Title IX issues, including education/prevention and complaint response, is preferred.
5. Direct or collaborative experience in student life programming is preferred.
6. Proficiency in Microsoft Office for Windows applications (word processing, database, spreadsheet, e-mail, presentation graphics, etc.) is required.
7. Proficiency in general office equipment operation is required.
8. Must possess exceptional time management and detail-orientation skills.
Visit www.hr.umhb.edu/careers for more details and to apply.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
For information regarding employment at the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor, please visit our Careers Site at www.hr.umhb.edu/careers.