Director, Residence Life
At University of Mary-Hardin Baylor
Hours: Full Time
Directs the operations of Residence Life, to include selection, training, scheduling and supervision of RD’s and RA’s. Designs and implements an effective and efficient campus housing assignment process, assuring the maximization of resource allocation while maintaining a vibrant residential life community. Collaborates with other university departments to assure an effective and efficient system by which a high level of consistent cleanliness and maintenance of campus housing is sustained. Participates in forecasting future campus housing needs commensurate with recruiting/retention/growth rates. Maintains publications and student discipline records as they pertain to Residence Life, and operates proper document management systems. Assists Dean of Students with student adjudication process and serves as secondary contact to implement a firm but fair, restorative discipline process, which could include various university departments or individuals.
1. A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university is required.
2. A minimum of five (5) years full time employment experience in a Student Services leadership role in a higher education environment is required, with significant experience in the following:
a. Campus residential housing management
b. Student disciplinary processes
Experience in these leadership areas in a Christian higher education environment is strongly preferred.
3. Experience in the review, approval and provision of student disability services is preferred.
4. Experience in Title IX issues, including education/prevention and complaint response, is preferred.
5. Direct or collaborative experience in student life programming is preferred.
6. Proficiency in Microsoft Office for Windows applications (word processing, database, spreadsheet, e-mail, presentation graphics, etc.) is required.
7. Proficiency in general office equipment operation is required.
8. Must possess exceptional time management and detail-orientated skills.
Salaries and Benefits:
Competitive salary commensurate with experience, excellent benefits including Day One medical and dental insurance, retirement plan with match and tuition benefits for employees and their dependents.